Goran Zakaric returned to the club after joining Bosnian national over two-week international break. We spoke to Partizan midfielder ahead of Spartak away match:
– I didn`t have much time to rest as I played two games with Bosnia – a friendly in Turkey and UEFA Nations League game against Northern Ireland. We won Irish team 2-0 and now we have a chance to be top of the group, said Zakaric.
In the meantime, you visited your family and your newborn baby girl as well as your former club Kozara.
– I spent two precious days with my wife and daughter. Sadly, my job keeps as apart at the moment. Afterwards, I travelled to Sarajevo to join Bosnian national team. I`m also glad I had time to visit Kozara and gift my former club with footballs. I was happy to make club`s youngsters day and I hope it will help them move forward.
People like to say you are top professional with great working ethics, a good chap overall.
– I always do my best at training sessions and football games. I`m glad people notice that. Everyone enjoys being applauded by fans.
What are your expectations after another international break?
– I would like to see us close on standings leader and to move ahead of them by the end of the season. I also hope we can go as far as possible when it comes to national cup. I`m glad we showed we can play desired game as it`s Partizan`s obligation to have a constant good form.
Dordje Ivanovic signed to Partizan from Spartak:
– I know everything about Spartak. I can only praise them as a club and people too. They did change their roster a lot since I left, including coaching staff, but they still have quality. Spartak is one fine team playing attacking game and their current form is not showing their true qualities. European run took its toll on them. There are lots of quality players in Spartak, especially up forward and they can all be a threat to us. If I`m selected to play, I`ll do my best to help my team win and I would be more than happy to score as well. I`m regularly in touch with Spartak player Ostojic and some others and we are friends off the pitch but it`s a great rivalry on it, said Ivanovic.